Clippers take the stage along with a “surprise feature”

All you need to know about the PHS March Talent Show

Grace Fabiano, PaperClip Staff/Writer

Lights, camera, action! After years of anticipation, members of the Portsmouth High School student council will be hosting a talent show. 

This showcase is set for performance on Thursday, March 30th, at 6:30 pm in the PHS auditorium. All community members are welcome to attend. Students should look forward to an exciting night out before their day off from school on the 31st. 

“There’s a variety of acts,” said Eric Moore, the student council advisor for the class of 2023. “There’s bands, solo performances, pianists, musicians, and some surprise acts.” 

In addition, Aaron Gonzales, senior student council member, will be acting as the “master of ceremonies” (MC) for the night.   

On a budget? No worries; admission is completely free. However, each class will be selling their own products such as snacks and goodies. Proceeds will be going towards each class.

The unique part about this project is that it has brought more unity to the school community. Ella DiMeco, the Student Council President, mentioned, “I think bringing the grades together through the planning process and both staff and student participation will help bring the community together.”

“It’s not about money, it’s about doing something for the school…that was one of our goals this year for student council was to do more community events,” said Moore.

Along the planning process, some students really stood out. As a quick spotlight, Moore mentioned Tyler Wilson for putting together the student talent show survey, Lilliana Hebert for marketing and advertising, and Ella DiMeco for her willingness to do whatever was needed.

After the show, there are aspirations for the years to come. DiMeco stated, “I’m hoping the grades keep it going, I’m thinking that if the staff leadership stays the same, it should be successful.”

Moore also hopes “to turn this talent show into a yearly thing.” There hasn’t been a talent show presence at PHS in recent years, however, the Student Council is hopeful to turn this around.  

“We hope to pack the house,” said Moore.