Season Stranger?

Excitement for our Favorite Demogorgon-Hunting Kids

Sophie Lazenby, PaperClip Staff/Writer

SPOILER ALERTS BELOW

I’m sure you’re all as excited as I am about the new season of “Stranger Things” – I mean come on, Eleven disappeared into the Upside Down, Will is still having flashbacks and coughing up slugs, and Mike is completely heartbroken. We are all yearning for more than we have. But, are we really ready for what’s to come?

In the first season, we meet Mike, the so-called leader of the group (he holds all of their gaming sessions in his basement), Lucas, a headstrong young boy who loves his friends, Dustin, a hat-wearing, sci-fi loving person with a lisp (the “mouth-breathers” at school found it hard to resist bullying him) and Will, the smallest of the four, but big in love and personality just as much. Then, Will gets taken by the demogorgon into the Upside Down – a world that, we soon find out, is a replicate of ours with a very dark and dangerous twist. Now, one of the four is gone, and the remaining boys figure out that the demogorgon from Dungeons & Dragons has taken him, so they set out to find him. This leads them to the woods on a rainy night, where they find a small girl with a shaved head who looks to be about their age. Mike takes her in. From here, the show follows them through thick and thin- fights between Lucas and Eleven, the town’s Sheriff Hopper doing all he can to find Will, and a blooming romance between Mike and Eleven.

I could go on and on about every little detail, but you either get the gist of it at this point, or you’ve already binge-watched the whole season like I have and don’t need a recap.  I found a couple people that did the same thing as me, and naturally, asked them how they felt.

I talked to Lucy Ferrini, a fellow freshman and “Stranger Things” lover, and she gave me some good insight into how she felt about it: “I thought the plot was great and it all fit together. I also loved how the characters were misleading – the smart looking one’s might not be so smart after all, that sort of thing. I also thought Eleven was a great add to it.”

I also talked to Abby Simanjuntak, a freshman, who has been waiting since December for the new season: “I was pretty scared that they were going to leave Barb in the other side without any explanation, but when Stranger Things came out with that rap during the Golden Globes that got me excited because they said she was still alive. I did think it was kind of obvious they were going to save Will because there’s always a happy ending, but it does kind of suck that he’s still coughing up the slugs. I loved Lucas and Dustin’s sense of humor and the fact that it was set in the 80s.” Yes! Love it all.

Judging from the trailer, there is going to be more monsters, more bad government agents, and more of the Upside Down. I personally just wanted more Mike and Eleven, but clearly that’s not going to happen. So, I’ll have to settle for what’s coming. I hope this gave all Mileven-loving, Season 2 excited fans a good look into another sci-fi crazed mind – and stay tuned for more once the season is out.