What are some ways to deal with stress?

When I attended Portsmouth Middle School, I would feel stressed out to the point where I couldn’t even bear to leave my bed.  Most of the students that PMS with me knew that I didn’t go to school often. I would go, but then be gone for days on end. Even in high school, I have a hard time handling stress.

I know a lot of other students in Portsmouth High School have a hard time handling stress and depression. Whether it be worrying about grades, or having problems at home; most PHS students have to handle stress.

So what is a good way to counteract stress? I know I have a hard time opening up to my friends and mother, and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Venting to a pet or stuffed animal is a good way to relieve yourself of stress, or if you don’t want to do that, then get a journal and write. Writing your thoughts, or even a short story, is a good way to vent if you’re too scared or embarrassed to tell someone.

Also, drawing or coloring is also a good way to relieve stress; however, I personally get more stressed out when I color. Exercising or even chewing gum gives you a greater sense of well being and confidence.

Being stressed out is a common issue with students and adults all over the world. While at times we feel alone, most, if not all people understand how you feel, so definitely reach out to something close to you.