Socks: The Key to One Man’s Success

Twenty-one year old John Cronin shows the world that you can follow your dreams, no matter what pulls you back.

Grace Griffin, PHS Paperclip Journalist

John Cronin has Down Syndrome, but that does not hold him back. After graduating from high school, Cronin started his own sock company, with the help of his father, called John’s Crazy Socks.

The online shop opened in December of 2016 and has over 1,300 pairs of socks in various styles. Every order is shipped out with John’s story, a handwritten note by John, some candy, and two discount cards. John’s Crazy Socks have shipped socks to former president George H.W. Bush, comedian Kevin James, and Houstan Texans defensive end JJ Watt.

Five percent of sock sales go to the National Down Syndrome Society and the company carries socks for special causes like Autism Awareness. In addition,  the staff of John’s Crazy Socks includes employees who have a disability.

In an interview with Fox News, John Cronin said, “Down Syndrome never holds me back, I love inspiring people.” John’s Crazy Socks is on a the mission to smash stereotypes of what people with disabilities can achieve and to spread happiness.

Cronin spends his days working with fellow employees, packing orders, making phone calls and coming up with motivation to buy such as the “Monday Madness Mystery Bag” and a sock-of-the-month club.

John Cronin is an inspiration to everyone and believes that he can provide hope to those who do not see their potential. He says, “I’m telling the whole world, I really can do anything.”

You can keep up with John on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook @johnscrazysocks!