PHS Students Go Abroad to Paris

Chloe Clough, PHS Paperclip Reporter

On Tuesday, October 3rd, a group of 15 PHS students, accompanied by Mrs. Hebert and Mrs. MacDonald, flew abroad to Paris as part of an almost week-long excursion through local travel group, Students Love Travel. The most beautiful and romantic of all cities, it is also the world’s most popular tourist destination, and an excellent place to test cuisine, culture, and language skills.

From the convenience of a centrally located hotel in Paris, students and teachers, along with a guide from Students Love Travel, were able to easily navigate around the city and visit iconic locations. The most famous spots included the Notre-Dame Cathedral, Versailles, the Louvre, the Catacombs, and of course, the Eiffel Tower. There is something for everyone in Paris, as history buffs can explore museums like d’Orsay and Rodin, and those with an eye for fashion can shop on Champs-Elysées. For those more interested in taking time to experience the hidden gems of the city, students were encouraged to do some of their own navigation.

PHS Senior, Jack Stevens, who had been to France before the school trip, claimed that what he enjoyed most was, “being able to experience Paris with friends… also the time we had to travel around and experience the city by ourselves.”

It’s important to note that although this trip is definitely a great opportunity for French learners, it is not required that you speak French or are in a French class. This year’s cost (Fall 2017) was $2,495 but is subject to change.

Those interested in participating in this trip next year should contact the language department or pay attention to announcements on abroad opportunities starting in early spring. Start brushing up on your French now!